Sunday, February 16, 2014

How To EASILY Open a Wine Cork with Traditional Corkscrew Shown in Three Pictures

Hi dear all! How was your weekend? Did you treat yourself and your loved ones a number of glasses of wine that you picked following your nose? I just finished that bottle of Brannan Estate Zinfandel 2011 I shared with you all last Wednesday, and I am ready to move on to the next bottle. Yay! The thought of opening a new bottle and trying a new kind turns me on every time, no exceptions. 

Alright, let's get down to today's business. I am gonna show you how to open a wine cork within 15 seconds using a non-special, common-seen corkscrew in three pictures! 


The Tool
Capitano Waiter Style Corkscrew 
It's available online on Amazon and also wine enthusiast's digital catalog. And it costs you only 7 bucks. 

Steps
I'd assume you know the theoretical steps: 
screw the screwer into the cork; 
exert yourself and pull the screwer together with the cork out of the bottleneck; and 
brava, there you go, cork out of the neck. 
But, in practice, I know it can sometimes be such a pain in the neck. I know I felt desperate about the little cork so many times until I accidentally discovered this little trip by myself. (I know I should have done a google search way back. But yeah, I chose to figure it out by myself.)
The three pictures below essentially showed the one key step that you need to pay attention to in order to easily open a cork without pulling your fingers off! That is also the only one single tip I want you all to take away today. The one single essential step is --- hold the bottom of your corkscrew's flexible sheet-metal against the edge of the bottleneck, and then you will find the cork been pulled out so quickly, at most 3 seconds! 

How to open a wine cork



I hope you get it in a glimpse and find it amazingly useful. In case you don't, please, leave me a comment if you find what I showed you nonsense or you have better solutions! 

Cheers,
Cyan

No comments:

Post a Comment