Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wine Tasting Notes of Chardonnay 2012 by Secret Pass from California

Hello, wine amateurs and alike. It's our happy Wednesdays! Today we are going to taste our second bottle: a dry white, Secret Pass, made of 100% Chardonnay which is harvested in 2012 in California. The alcohol content is 12.5% by volume.

Chardonnay 2012 by Secret Pass from California

In general, I like switching between red wine and white wine because for me the freshness and pureness of white wine can help regain my yearning for the richness and fragrance of red wine, and vice versa. But I don't have a preference between these two classes. Frankly, I don't even have a favorite grape breed, producing area, not to mention one specific bottle of wine. It's too early to make the conclusion, or maybe I never will. The world of wine is so vast, various, exquisite and profound. It is always evolving and it has no end. OK, that's enough of my personal sentiments, now we shall move on to explore this bottle of Secret Pass.

Chardonnay 2012 by Secret Pass from California
Sight
The wine body is almost transparent. It's very bright, clear, and you can see how the light easily penetrates the body.  In terms of color, it displays light yellow with a touch of grass color, a little bit like the feel of verdancy. 

Smell
In the first attempt without shaking the glasses, it gives out a fragrance of fresh yellow apple and crispy pear as well as apricot that is just mature. However, the fragrance is faint and I have to smell really hard not to miss it. However, after I shake the glasses, change happened. A fantastically strong odor of luscious tropical fruits was breathed into my nose. In addition to that, there was a flavor of caramel with a little bit of cream. And it just smelled like a limen pie! It is incredibly fragrant and sweet! 

Taste
Deeply allured by the fragrance, I closed my eyes and took the first sip. Hmmm... Fruity... Airy... High acidity... The light body makes it easy to drink. But surprisingly, thereafter comes ample mineral feelings!.... vivid, rich, fine and smooth... Hmmm... That's nice. However, at the moment when I thought it was over, I was again amazed by its long-lasting aftertaste. It most likely can't be considered magnificent, but the contradiction between its light and airy body and its enduring aftertaste is marvelous and impressive! I can feel the minerals gently, kissingly patting on my teeth, my tongue, my upper jaw and deep down my throat until it reaches my stomach. It is really a great dry white. It's a easy drink but it's not simple at all. What I love most about it is the unexpected contrast between its body and its aftertaste which brings the pleasant surprise. 



I truly enjoyed this white wine. I hope you all have a chance to try it out and let me know if you share my feelings! 
Cheers,
Cyan




No comments:

Post a Comment